Animoto.com

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Meeting my professor at PBS Online

So I'm working on my weekly readings for my Masters' class and this week it's all about multicultural collections. Major elements include developing collections that represent the many cultures of my school community, celebrating holidays and events that are part of the cultures of the children, remembering to read aloud stories where my students see their faces embedded in the everyday stories I read to establish and reinforce their value at our school, and actively seeking information about the countries their families come from to have knowledge of where they are from. One of the assignments is to view a video, "Shirley's story" and lo and behold, it's my professor that I've been working with during these summer weeks. My face to face with her is through the PBS Teacherline website where she is a facilitator. I will also be checking out this website for more PD this year... you can bet on it.
Here's the link to the video.

No comments: